It's time to start tasting
Tasting beer can be a both very simple and quite complicated task, we hope you can combine the best of two worlds when enjoying a beer from SPBC. However, a few things are generally considered more or less vital:
- First of all many of the South Plain beers aren’t “plain” but rather bold in both flavor and alcohol strength, enjoy responsibly, take your time and share it with friends!
- Our beers are very expressive! Some are hoppy & bitter, others can be sour of fruit with lemons & pineapple. Or our lager can be clean with a rich malt flavor.
- Try to use proper, clean glassware as it allows the beer to breath and expose it’s aromatic qualities.
- South Plains beers are unfiltered and unpasteurized, pour carefully to leave the sediment in the bottom of the bottle.
- Check the beer-section for recommended serving temperatures!
- If you like hops, drink South Plains beer fresh!
- Carbonation on craft beer can change. Often when the beer is freshly bottled, the carbonation is light. As it ages, it can increase. A high volume alcohol beer, like 10% can become very carbonated after a year in a bottle. The reason is because our beers are unpasteurized and even after fermentation is complete, the live yeast culture will change and find more sugars, producing CO2. A solution could be to pasteurize the beer, like the mass produced breweries do, but that would mean less flavor.
All our beers are certified Vegan. This means that from start to finished product, at no time do we ever use chemicals, additives, gelatin (come from pork bones), collagen or fish finings (powdered fish guts)
Click on the beer below to know more about it